2 years agoOctober 8, 2010
2 years agoAugust 30, 2010
The government is officially on auto-feed.
General Motors, now SIXTY PERCENT owned by the US government, has resumed making political donations, to the tune of about $41,000 so far.
2 years agoAugust 5, 2010
OBAMACARE** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an “end-of-life planning” seminar every five years. (Death counceling.)** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an…
Does anyone know whether this is true? Don’t you love how we’re completely in the dark for the largest (and most expensive) piece of legislation in modern history?
3 years agoMarch 17, 2010
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss; except the average American cannot blame this one on his lack of intelligence. He is calm, collected, and knows exactly what he is doing and your well being doesn’t fit into the grand scheme of things.
Keep arguing about moral issues, keep being distracted by Healthcare Legislature that can only be considered Reform in name. The only people who have read the entire bill are the Lobbyists who wrote it. Keep letting Mainstream Media and other Biased Media outlets use fear to persuade you into believing and supporting things that directly go against your well being and your children’s future. Keep voting for American Idol and watch as we kill innocent people on many fronts in the name of the War Against Terrorism. 33% of the people we have killed in Pakistan with unmanned drones were civilians.You know what killing innocent people with unmanned drones does? It creates more Terrorists. You know what water boarding people 100 times until they confess to crimes they didn’t commit does? It creates more Terrorists. We are giving people actual reasons to devote their lives to bringing us down and they won’t target the people who made the decisions to do this. Operation Meatshield is in full effect, guess what side of the ball you are on?
Keep investing your own intelligence into dissecting fantasy football rosters and Lady GaGa videos. Keep circle jerking your New York Social Media friends. Keep wasting hot air on things that do not matter in a time when everything that actually matters is at stake. Keep wondering why you can only get hired part time or as a contractor without benefits and your pay barely covers your living expenses. Keep wondering why your college education in Liberal Arts with a minor in AIM Away Messages and 60k in Student Loan debt is translating into a commission based retail job at the mall.
You are part of the first generation of Americans who will have it worse than their parents did. “When I was a kid, I used to walk to school.” Well, when I was a kid I was promised the world and when I actually inherited it, the oil was gone and the water was too toxic to drink and soil too depleted to farm on. We sit around praying for a miracle to save us, even though we stopped believing in god years ago.
Stop allowing fear to control your lives. Stop allowing yourself to be divided over the most basic ideas. Realize that 99.9% of all Human’s DNA is exactly the same, yet we still focus on the .1% that alters our book sleeves. Fall back in love with Mother Nature and the beauty embedded in her. Don’t wait until New Years Eve to make resolutions to better yourself, work on YOU every single day, that is what you are here for! Lead by example, analyze everything, and don’t be afraid to consider ideas that directly conflict with your own. Embrace your local communities and connect on multiple levels with your extended families and friends. Enlarge your support networks and invest time, energy, and passion into everything around you. It is contagious, and as more and more people wake up to what is truly going on around them, they will be better suited to at first accept it, and then fix it from the inside out starting with themselves.
Most Americans think the Federal Government Threatens Our Rights (CNN)
In a recent CNN poll of Americans…
56% think the federal government has become so large and powerful that it poses an IMMEDIATE threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens.
70% of Republicans,
63% of Independents, and
37% of Democrats all think the same way.
An IMMEDIATE threat. Like an impending attack. It’s officially safe to say that most Americans live in fear of their own government’s power. What a horrific statement.
Wake up folks! We need to stop voting to exchange freedom for big government.
3 years agoFebruary 26, 2010
3 years agoDecember 17, 2009
Does it bother anyone else that this is being done because of re-election timing, not what is best for the country?
I don’t know about you, but when I’m low on cash, I start cutting back and really watch my spending. Why can’t government follow the same rules? When does it end?
3 years agoDecember 10, 2009
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by dictatorship.
The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: ‘From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.’
3 years agoNovember 24, 2009
Pelosi’s Promise of 72 hours
The Weekly Standard magazine:
Madam Speaker, do you support the measure to put the final House bill online for 72 hours before it’s voted on at the very end?
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi:
Absolutely. Without question.
The Weekly Standard now reports that Nancy Pelosi will, in fact, NOT allow for 72 hours of public review of the House’s healthcare reform bill.
3 years agoNovember 6, 2009
4 years agoMarch 18, 2009
Moving the Census to White House? Hmmm.
The president has moved management of the national census to the White House, creating a serious partisan problem that could result in very corrupt politics.
In short, it could give Chief of Staff Rham Emanuel unchecked power.
Pulling from the article, linked below:
- “It takes something that is supposedly apolitical like the census, and gives it to a guy who is infamously political,” Bishop said of Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who would be tasked with overseeing the census at the White House.
- As a matter of impact, the census has tremendous political significance. Political parties are always eager to have a hand in redrawing districts so that they can maximize their own party’s clout while minimizing the opposition, often through gerrymandering.
- The census also determines the composition of the Electoral College, which chooses the president. If one party were to control the census, it could arguably try to perpetuate its hold on political power.
- The results of the census are also enormously important in another way — the allocation of federal funds. Theoretically, a political party could disproportionately steer federal funding to areas dominated by its own members through a skewing of census numbers.
- “The last thing the census needs is for any hard-bitten partisan (either a Karl Rove or a Rahm Emanuel) to manipulate these critical numbers. Many federal funding formulas depend on them, as well as the whole fabric of federal and state representation. Partisans have a natural impulse to tilt the playing field in their favor, and this has to be resisted,” Larry Sabato, the director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, told FOX News in an e-mail.
- Sabato said moving the census “in-house” will likely set up a situation where neither the Commerce Department nor the White House will know exactly what is going on in the Census Bureau. He said the process is “too critical to politics for both parties not to pay close attention.”
- “I’ve always remembered what Joseph Stalin said: ‘Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.’
This is an area to watch carefully — it will be a great test of the new administration’s “transparency” pledge.
4 years agoFebruary 9, 2009
From the article:
So how does one rack up a $430,000 travel bill?
It’s a valid question, since we’ve learned that Charlie Crist, his fiancee, his fiancee’s sister, nine bodyguards and several dozen of Charlie’s closest friends and business associates somehow managed to spend that much money this past summer on a European trade mission.